Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

DIY Chocolate Chip Lip Balm

Summer is swimming in the pool.
Summer is play on a beach.
Summer is camping trips.
Summer is riding bikes.
Summer is…”Mom, I’m bored”?
Oh no, those soooooo dreaded words no Mom ever wants to hear.
How do you keep the kids busy during summer vacation?
A group of us crafty blog Moms have gotten together to offer some help.
Keri is doing a summer blog series called "Make Summer Funner",
which includes all sorts of easy and fun ideas to do with kiddos during the summer.
I was super honored when she asked me to take part,
and write a guest post for her blog.
Be sure to head over to Keri's blog, and check it out at Shaken Together.
I am sharing with you a DIY tutorial, on how to make Chocolate Chip Lip Balm.


Chocolate Chip Lip Balm Recipe
5 ounces of Olive Oil
2 ounces of Beeswax, grated or shaved
½ Capsule of Vitamin E
2-3 Chocolate Chips



In the microwave carefully melt the beeswax and the oil together.
Do not boil. If the mixture starts to boil,
carefully remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
Once the beeswax and oil is well blended,
pierce the vitamin E capsule with a needle,
squeeze out half the contents, and stir in.
Drop in the chocolate chips and mix.
Then, pour the mixture into clean containers with lids.






Thank you!  Keri for inviting me to write this guest blog post.
I love sharing my DIY natural skin care recipes.
I feel so lucky go happy!
I hope that I will meet many new blog friends and make new connections.
Smiles, Paula


{ Follow Me On Pinterest  } Paula Parrish

25 comments:

  1. Wow, you have great recipes. This one makes me hungry! You must do a lot of experimenting in your free time. Thanks for sharing, Paula. These would make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good, I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My granddaughter is going to spend the week with us soon--I think she will have fun making this. Thanks for the link to the other blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful idea-kids or no kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds awesome! I think I'll make some :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice guest post, Paula, and thanks for sharing this recipe ~ sounds yummo! Hope you're having a wonderful summer:)

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so about the vitamin E. Where would I find this? Some sort of specialty store, or in the bath products section? I have seen vitamin E oil bottled as well - could that be substituted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Most health food stores carry Vitamin E, in capsule form or in liquid form in a bottle. Smiles, Paula

      Delete
  9. Sounds delightful, and actually sounds easy too. I think I will try this one out if I can find the little containers.
    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for the echinacae tip too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you mean three to six chocolate chips or three to six ounces of chocolate chips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just three ~ six individual chocolate chips. {you can eat one or two} Smiles, Paula

      Delete
  11. Yumm...I might need to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paula this look delicious! I might have to make this over the weekend. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a great "keep the kids busy" project. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog today! Come on by and grab a featured button :) http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2012/07/your-whims-wednesday-68-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I wanted to make this for a gift, do you know of a expiration date? 3-6 months? 6-12 months? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is best to be used within six months, being natural. ;o)

      Delete
  16. Where did you find the containers?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Will this work in tube type containers?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just tried this with one of my friends daughters- absolutely had a blast and she loved them, I actually used 6 chocolate chips... But didn't come out looking like yours, or smelling like chocolate. Please don't think I'm complaining we still had a blast and loved it! My question is- what is the max number of chocolate chips you'd recommend? Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete